Help us when you shop online
The Giving Machine is the only not for profit, social enterprise helping shoppers like you generate free cash donations for the causes they want to support, every time they shop online.
We are a nationwide community ‘not for profit’ community, guided by a social purpose. This means that we are able to offer the highest donation percentages possible from all your favourite shops for all schools and charities.
The scheme was set up by four Hertfordshire Dads who met up on a Thursday night in the Spring of 2006 and agreed to use their different business skills to benefit charities and schools rather than profits for shareholders. The idea for The Giving Machine™ was born.
Since 2015 over £300.00 had been raised.
How can money be generated for free?
When you go to your usual online retailers via ‘The Giving Machine’ website, the retailer gives a small commission on any purchase you make back to The Giving Machine. 75% of this money is then given to charities that you have nominated to be recipients of this donation, the rest goes towards the running costs of the website etc. During 2015 over £122 was raised for PCC funds.
What do I have to do?
1. Go to The Giving Machine website www.thegivingmachine.co.uk and register as a ‘Giver’. Once you have registered it is possible to change your account setting so that you appear as an anonymous donor (if you wish) on the church homepage.
2. Next you nominate up to four charities to which the donations generated by your purchases will be given. Crediton Parish Church is registered on the site.
3. Look through the list of 800+ online stores that participate in the scheme and you may wish to mark some of these as favourites.
4. Bookmark this page so you can save time when you go online shopping.
5. It is important that every time you make an online purchase that you go via TheGivingMachine website and click the link to your online store, where you would make your purchase as normal. If you don’t do this, no referral commission is made.
If you want any more information or advice please visit the website above or ask Gill Lee or Nigel Guthrie.
As we try to raise extra funds for children and families, this is a simple and effective way we can all make a difference.